The era of globalization means any market is available, all you need to do is take the products or services your business provides and adapt them to the market you are interested in. This process is done by cheap localization services and it is intertwined with translation services.
Why localization services are needed in business expansion?
Localization and translation services are not the same thing. While translation focuses on meaning, grammar and spelling accuracy, localization means adapting details to fit culture and habits of the specific market.
It’s a small world after all
Since localization is considered a part of the globalization process it plays an important role in helping business successfully conquer foreign markets.
- The goal of localization is to make the reader feel that the text being read was written specifically for them. This makes consumers feel valued and makes them more prone to becoming customers.
- Well translated and localized texts give potential customers an insight to the quality of your support. And we all know that good quality support is one of the top five factors that ensure customer loyalty.
Cheap localization services are used for adapting a text from one language to another language. Languages like English and Spanish are spoken in various parts of the world and almost every country has language peculiarities; word choices and idioms differ in Latin America from the ones in Spain.
So, localization is more that using proper forms for currency, dates, addresses and phone numbers, it is a way of recognizing local sensitivities and entering the local market by merging into its needs and desires.
Why website translation isn’t just translation?
When you translate a website there are several things you need to keep in mind:
- The first one is to adapt your platform for multilingual support. It is sometimes easy to do it if your CMS has such options, but in order cases it is harder to do.
- The second thing that needs to be done is to extract all words that need to be translated, including URl’s, titles, descriptions, and text within images.
- The third step is to translate the text and localize it to the specific market.
- Last step? No, not quite. Now you need to adapt your keywords to the local market, see what people are actually searching in that language and adapt your text.
- Add the text to the website, re-do the images and add them. Don’t forget to duplicate the images for the new version of the website and add alt tags in that second language.
- Check everything, and then have a local check everything again.
Was website translation sounding easy? Yes, probably, until you saw the above. Even if it is a small website, the steps are the same.
Cheap Localization Services
Cheap localization relates to the conversion of documents for foreign audiences. Sometimes a simple translation is all that is needed, but when it comes to certificates like product information leaflets, marketing brochures, blog posts, and sites, then localization services can be essential.
If you want to translate your business website into another language, then you probably want to reach out to people in another nation. But accurate translation of the text from one language to another can sometimes lead to awkward translation errors. That’s where localization appears.
Cheap localization services use natives of the target nation to offer insights into the target language and how it is applied. It’s a worthwhile process for businesses looking to generate high-quality elements that are proper for the local public.
The ability to localization lies in translating and localizing a document without altering its meaning. Some of the most generally needed localization services these days are the translation and cheap localization of software, video games, and apps.
To conclude, while cheap localization services are to be found anywhere these days, you need to make sure the service will provide what is needed in order to bring the company to the next step. Doing it wrong may bring nothing, or could bring bad results. it is really up to you how you treat your business, but if you care about it, you probably know what to choose and who is going to be the partner who is going to turn your website multilingual.
NordicTrans provides translation and cheap localization services and we are online and ready to answer all your questions around the clock.